SUSSEX RESEARCH IS SEEKING A COSMETIC BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL
Company: Sussex Research Laboratories Inc., Ottawa, Canada
Position: Cosmetic Business Development Professional
Anticipated Start Date: June 2018
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Day
Location: Ottawa, Ontario (1 vacancy)
If the idea of helping launch a brand new, state of the art anti-aging glycotechnology excites you, then this is a great opportunity for you. Sussex Research is seeking candidates with extensive work experience in the development of cosmetic actives or finished cosmetic products. Preferred candidates will be capable of overseeing and coordinating a multifaceted project based on a newly developed anti-aging technology and creating finished product formulation featuring the novel technology. The well networked candidate is expected to oversee a marketing campaign to companies including multinational organizations that are willing to license-in the technology. The candidate will also conduct market research and competitive intelligence gathering and other business development-related activities.
Education & Experience:
B.BA or B.Sc. (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cosmetic Science) with a minimum of 5 years of relevant post-graduate experience in personal care applications, including business development, marketing/launching of finished cosmetic products or active ingredients. Asset: MBA or M.Sc.
The successful candidate has the following qualities:
- An understanding of the competitive landscape of latest cosmetic actives to define product design opportunities.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) along with the ability to interface with a variety of people in global organizations.
- Must be a resourceful and proactive individual who is able to work as a team player in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
- An ability to create professional documents/presentations and enjoy presenting to customers and peers in small to large group audience settings, such as international conference settings.
- Entrepreneurial hands-on spirit.
- Passion for beauty.
- 5-10 years relevant work experience in cosmetic industry (R&D, Marketing and Sales…)
- Technical expertise or experience in formulation to help shape development of products aligned to anti-aging product strategy.
- Possession of a strong network of global connections spanning branded marketers, regional and national Cosmetic Manufacturer Organizations and CROs, suppliers, consultants and regulators.
- Current with latest cosmetic developments and trends covering global/regional cosmetic markets.
- Communicate effectively with senior management and external stakeholders (business and regulatory consultants, government officials, formulation labs, suppliers and manufacturers).
- Comfort in presenting the anti-aging technology at trade fairs and conferences including but not limited to Supplier’s Day, HAPPI Anti-Aging Conference, Society of Cosmetic Chemists, In-Cosmetics.
- Demonstration of clear alignment with Sussex Research Core Values including Dedication, Innovation, Communication, Excellence, Respect and Accountability.
How to apply:
Email CV to Brady Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or through LinkedIn